Well, okay, it’s actually Sonoma County Restaurant Week. Coming to an end on March 15, it’s not too late to take advantage of the 6th annual Sonoma County Restaurant Week. This event celebrates all the great cuisine of Sonoma County. Depending on the restaurant, prices are $10, $15, or $20 for a two-course lunch, and $19, $29 or $39 for a three-course dinner. There are no tickets required, although reservations are suggested as this has become a fairly popular week for dining out, especially in Petaluma. Residents from throughout the rest of the county take this week as an opportunity to visit Petaluma’s world-class restaurants so reservations fill up quickly.
Participating restaurants offer prix-fixe meals, usually at a discount to their regular menu. This is a great opportunity to try that new restaurant you have had your eye on. And because the chefs usually create a special menu specifically for this event, it is also a great opportunity to visit an old favorite. Most restaurants offer choices for each course, while others, like Dempsey’s, go above and beyond by offering a different menu each night of the week.
Looking for an affordable lunch? Petaluma Pie at $10 is hard to beat, as is Andy’s, Bistro 100, and Wishbone at $15. Standout values for dinner include City Limits, Palm’s Grill and Rosso at $19. Other highlights are Bistro 100, LUMA, Pub Republic, Secret Kitchen, Seared, and Wishbone. I haven’t tried Pho Ngoc Thanh yet, and haven’t been to Cattlemens in a while so this may be the perfect opportunity.
There isn’t nearly enough room here to list all the menu options so make sure to check out the menus on the website. I’ve only highlighted Petaluma restaurants because I prefer to dine in Petaluma whenever possible and with all these great choices I see no good reason to drive out of town. http://www.sonomacountyrestaurantweek.org/restaurants/?category=petaluma&price=
TWISTED 2 (Dinner $39)
– Seared Hawiian Fish with Green Olive/Walnut Salsa Genovese –OR–
– Beet and Spinach Ravioli with Pistachio Brown Butter
– Brazilian Pork Shoulder and Black Bean Cassoulet with Sweet Potato Biscuits and Sauteed Greens –OR–
– Spring Time Risotto with Asparagus, Fresh Peas and Alba Clamshell Mushrooms
– Double Chocolate Brownie with Creme Anglaise and Raspberries –OR–
– Strawberry Shortcake with Whipped Cream
I start with Twisted 2 because this is a rare opportunity that you won’t want to miss. Other than a “taste” at Taste of Petaluma, you are not going to get to try this food at a better price than $39 for dinner (although, they do have a great “Happy Hour and a Half” nightly.) As much as it pains me to do, I am going to pass up on making my own reservation because seating is limited and I want as many of you as possible to get this incredible opportunity to try their wonderful food and hospitality.
ANDY’S (L$15-D$29) ***Vegetarian Options Available***
Andy’s options are endless and include, but are not limited to, Sushi (Chirashi, CA rolls, nigiri), Tempura (mushroom/jalepeno, lobster meat balls!!!, etc.), Soups (miso, Atomic Noodle), Salads (seaweed, cucumber, Tuna Poki, etc.) …and just about everything in between. A few other standouts are Andy’s variety of “poppers” as well as his Alaskan Pacific Cod w/ Ginger Garlic Sauce (serve with steamed rice) and Japanese Fried Chicken. For ZERT you can choose betweenTempura Banana with Ice Cream, Tempura Ice cream cake, and Amber’s Famous Pie. Want to add sake or wine to your meal? Andy will be running drink specials.
BISTRO 100 (L$15-D$39) The dessert choices alone make dinner at Bistro 100 a must.
Lunch is your choice of soup, salad, and any entrée and may represent the best lunch deal of all the restaurants listed.
Dinner Course 1:
– Grilled Flatbread Chevré & Onion Marmalade Onion marmalade, Pugs Leap goat cheese, micro green salad –OR–
– Our Famous Caesar Salad
– DG Langle “Truffled” Pork Sausage & Green Garlic, Fennel – Cream Ragu Pasta Fettucini -OR-
– Marin Sun Farms Grilled Bavette Steak, Little Organic Farms (P-town) Kennebec pomme frites, braised Dino Kale & espagnole sauce
– Chocolate Pots de Crème -OR-
– Lavender Creme Brulee -OR-
– Locally Sourced Cheese Plate – Pugs Leap, Marin, Nicasio & Central Coast, Bee love Honey, Onions two ways
DEMPSEY’S (Lunch $15 – Dinner $29): You choose from a list of our ever changing seasonal specials. Each day they will be changing their options in order to keep it exciting and fresh.
SECRET KITCHEN (L$20-D$29): ***Like the best Caramel Rum Cake I’ve ever had.
Lunch is a Korean BBQ Taco and a Slow Roasted Citrus Pork Taco, Large Farmer’s Chopped Salad, and Cara Cara Orange wedges with mint & chocolate walnut brownies.
Dinner is Khao Soi -Thai curry noodle bowl with Shrimp & Chicken, Chicken Satay with Rainbow Salad & Peanut Sauce, and Caramel Rum Cake.
PUB REPUBLIC (D$29): The menu options are endless…
-Smoked Paprika Roasted Tomato Mussels, Truffle Parmesan Fries, Roasted Beet & Warm Goat Cheese Salad, Brussels Sprout Taco, or about 15 other choices.
– Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon Fillet –OR–
– Guinness Braised Beef Shepherd’s Pie –OR–
– Brick Chicken & Brussels Sprout-Bacon Hash
– Valrhona Dark Chocolate Torte –OR–
– Warm Seasonal Bread Pudding –OR–
– Meyer Lemon Cheesecake w/ Raspberry Coulis –OR–
– County Line little gems, avocado, radish, pickled onion, cashew, buttermilk green goddess dressing –OR–
– Yellowtail Crudo, tangerine, chili, crispy garlic, pickled ginger aioli, thai basil –OR–
– Russian River Farms sunchoke bisque, spring onion, wild mushroom.
– Wild halibut, asparagus-meyer lemon puree, spring succotash, pea shoots –OR–
– Dry Aged NY Strip, Syrah demi, green garlic mashed potatoes, charred jalapeno-lime butter –OR–
– Farro, foraged black trumpet mushrooms, aspargus, chive, manchego, mushroom jus.
– Meyer lemon bar, coconut meringue, cookie crumble –OR–
– Sticky toffee cake, bourbon pudding, pistachio brittle.
WISHBONE (L$15-D$39) ***Vegetarian Options Available***
For lunch Wishbone promises, “fabulous options.” It’s Wishbone …so that is good enough for me. Honestly, $15 for lunch at Wishbone is more than worth it. Dinner on the other hand is so well-thought out that you’d be silly not to take a partner in crime so you can try both options.
– Red & Black Salad (Spice Roasted Beets, Black Cardamon Vinaigrette, Spicy Cress, Crushed Pistachio and Olive Gastric) -OR-
Bacon Jam Bruschetta (Sweet Maple and Squash, Coffee, and Caramelized Onion on house made bread w/ House Pickles
– Duck & Rabbit Pasta (Hand Made Duck Egg Fettuccine w/House Bacon Carbonara Spring Greens, Crispy Wagon Wheel Cheese & Rabbit-Lemon Sausage) -OR-
– Rissotto for a Spring Menu (All the Spring Vegetables the Day Brings Roasted into a Lovely Ragout, Tiny Greens, Clouds of Parmesan Cheese and Rosemary Horseradish)
Duo! Chocolate Truffle with House-made Peanut Butter and Caramel get cozy with a Vanilla and Spice Panna Cotta, Spring Fruit and Lavender Salt.
Lunch – $15
Pho Ngoc Thanh
Lunch – $20
Dinner – $19
Dinner – $29
Pho Ngoc Thanh
Dinner – $39