s
s
Sections
Sections
Sections
Sections
Subscribe

Taste of Petaluma, Part III

(This is Part 3 of my Taste of Petaluma series.)   If I haven't convinced you yet that Taste of Petaluma is a great way to experience multiple restaurants, I am going to give it one more shot.  Your visit not only helps support local business but all the [...]

By | August 26th, 2011|0 Comments

Taste of Petaluma, Part II

(This is Part 2 of my Taste of Petaluma series.) One of the rare benefits of being a food blogger is that I sometimes get invited to taste and write about food events.  For the past several years I have been invited to attend and write about Taste of [...]

By | August 25th, 2011|3 Comments

Explore Petaluma’s backroads by bike

Hop on your bike for the upcoming Sonoma County Backroad Challenge (May 21) and you will find a couple of great new west Petaluma rides. The Sonoma County Backroad Challenge is the main fundraiser for Petaluma Sunrise Rotary Club. It is a bike ride that winds through the countryside west [...]

By | May 16th, 2011|0 Comments

350 Home and Garden Challenge

I was walking with the GF and our dog back from the park when we ran into a young woman picking leaves from a fruit tree.  From half a block away, I knew exactly what she was up to.  She was placing the leaves into a bag, and her face [...]

By | May 11th, 2011|0 Comments

Chili Cookoff: Eat the Heat!!!

This Saturday, May 7th, marks the 14th Annual Great Petaluma Chili Cook-off, Salsa and Beer Tasting.  The event has become a Petaluma institution and is always a crowd favorite.  This isn’t hard to believe with over 40 chili and salsa teams battling it out for top honors.  And don’t forget [...]

By | May 4th, 2011|0 Comments

Butter and Egg Days

The first major event of the year is upon us, and it is shaping up to be a good one.  I was downtown hanging a banner for the upcoming Great Petaluma Chili Cookoff, Salsa, and Beer tasting event and witnessed some rare sites. (Save the date for Chili - it is [...]

By | April 16th, 2011|4 Comments

PHS needs your mouse clicks

This is the best kind of fundraiser because it costs you nothing more than a minute of your time and couple of your mouse clicks.   Those outside the loop may think of rural communities as a dead end, especially when it comes to raising their kids.  The thought of raising [...]

By | February 28th, 2011|0 Comments

Food for thought … and art, in this case

In my opinion, the best kind of fund raiser is one where I get to eat lots of good food.  More specifically, I like a fundraiser that doesn’t even feel like a fundraiser – where I get to eat great food for a great price and the “fundraiser” part comes [...]

By | February 21st, 2011|2 Comments

Petaluma Pete Needs Our Help

Petaluma Pete’s piano is as brightly colored as his act.  They both make me smile. Even when I encounter his piano sitting patiently in its downtown storage space, it reminds me of all the times I have heard and seen Petaluma Pete playing it around downtown Petaluma.  Sometimes Petaluma Pete [...]

By | November 12th, 2010|2 Comments

Food Event of the Year!!!

(post unedited) (the third in a series on the 2010 Taste of Petaluma) The 2010 Taste of Petaluma (TOP) is finally upon us!  It isn't too late; grab the wife and kids and head down to Haus Fortuna or Putnam Plaza to get your tickets and enjoy a great day [...]

By | September 25th, 2010|1 Comment